Sunday, February 11, 2024

The Grieving, And The Resistance

Healthcare Workers for Palestine created a space for grieving yesterday in Portland, Maine, and I felt grateful. 

If the angle of my photo induces vertigo, it may be because I had been carrying little Hind Rajab with me for days. She is the 6 year old whose historic phone call from a car where her family had been shot dead by Israelis was heard round the world. It didn't save her, though. Because then Israel used U.S. shells and fired on the ambulance rushing to where she was trapped with the corpses of those whom she loved. Subsequent rescuers didn't reach the car until Hind's body had been decomposing for days. Yup, the Israelis killed her, too.

Here's how imperial narrative managers are spinning this child's hell on Earth:


"Found dead." Got it.

So, we grieve and we resist. And we welcome news of resistance in the belly of the beast. 

https://twitter.com/palyouthmvmt/status/1756437134066561439

What they're chanting at the Museum of Modern Art in NYC: "There is only one solution / Intifada revolution!"

Are we gearing up to a general strike that will shut down the war machine? Will I live to see it?

Banality of evil department

Here's the response I got from the man who allegedly "represents" me, objecting to the humanitarian disaster resulting from suspension of funding to UNRWA:



Meanwhile, as Jared Golden goes about his well-renumerated imperial service, there are three families who lost loved ones in an attack that has been lied about from the get-go. Was it in Jordan, whose government's hosting of U.S. imperial outposts is a vulnerability with its own people -- many of whom are Nakba refugees? Or was it, as Jordan claimed, just over the border in Syria, where U.S. military presence is an illegal occupation?




This blog I'm reading lately points out the truth hiding behind the bureaucratic lies: the Pentagon killed these Black soldiers by leaving them undefended on an assignment surrounded by hostile forces. 

Why am I siding with the soldiers? Because I think the poverty draft is intense, the pro-military propaganda is immense (cf. Super Bowl today), and two of them -- Breonna Moffett and Kennedy Sanders -- were quite young. They will never get the opportunity to learn more than they knew and change their minds. I wonder if they ever learned the term "Nakba" in school?

Yes, I'm grieving for them, too. I'm grieving for all the casualties of the war on Palestine -- including the truth.

No comments: